Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer (W/M) to join our team in Préverenges, Switzerland. In this role, you will be in charge of growing and maintaining our platform to provide the service to our customers. Although working autonomously within the Infrastructure Team, you will regularly interact with your colleagues of the Security Team to constantly improve our platform and ensure that we meet our customers needs.
This role entail the following responsibilities :
- Establish new IT Infrastructure services with focus on Compute & Virtualization layers by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Configure and install various IT Infrastructure components and services (e.g., Servers, Blades, Compute fabric, Virtualization platform)
- Plan for, and Perform maintenance & system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations
- Monitor system resource utilization, infrastructure trends, and capacity planning
- Liaise with vendors and Security Team for problem resolution
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s Security Team
- Report IT Infrastructure operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Mentor Infrastructure Team
For this position, we are looking for a passionate candidate with an strong background in system and networking. We are looking for someone who’s creative, who likes to solve problems and who goes beyond the edges.
On the technical side:
- Proven hands-on managing network and virtualized services
- Deep understanding of Virtualization technologies (vSphere, ESXi, VSAN, PowerCLI, Open Stack)
- Good understanding of Storage technologies & Protocols (FC, IP, iSCSI, NFS)
- Good understanding of Networking technologies (VPN, L2, Access, Port Channel, Trunk, VLANs)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, diagnostic and analytics tools such as Nagios / Prometheus
- Good knowledge of Linux (Debian, Ubuntu), and networking.
- Good knowledge of modern configuration management tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible).
- Good knowledge of CI/CD process and best practices is a plus.
- IT Project Management, and Systems lifecycle management
Your background and personality:
- MS or equivalent education background
- Good communication skills (technical, customer and higher level)
- Resistant to stress and autonomous
- Skills to prioritize and manage projects
- Creative solutions to new problems
- Good understanding and interest of Security practices is a plus
- Pro-active and can-do attitude
- Swiss residency, or EU citizen willing to relocate
- Proficient in English and/or French, good command of the other language
Reasons to apply:
- You like the challenges provided by working in a dynamic security company
- You have a passion for what you do and want to learn more
- You have a positive and team-spirited mindset
Reason NOT to apply:
- You rely on commercial security solutions and don’t want to put your hands in the engine
- You need supervised work and well-established procedures before taking decisions
- You want to work by yourself and have no interactions with your colleagues.
Interested? Send you application to firstname.lastname@example.org